What is life? Life is whatever you want it to be. It can be anything you want it to be. You can be anyone you want to be. We decide. We choose. What does your heart say? Your head won’t tell you. But your heart will 🙂
“Life is meaningless,” I’ve heard some say. Everyone chooses to look at the world in a certain way. That’s their choice. Every single day & with each new day we can make new, different choices – if we choose to. I know, I keep mentioning choice – just to really make a point of the power you have.
Some stay stuck in ruts & stagnant states for far too long.
I find incredible meaning in life everyday. By trying to focus on the good stuff. Life becomes whatever we focus on, whatever we tell ourselves we believe. Tell yourself the world has no point, no purpose, is dark, meaningless, & that’s exactly what it becomes.
Tell yourself the world is a mysterious, elegant symphony of lessons, epiphanies & synchronicities, & you’ll see a world that’s filled with so much beauty. It’s the same thing with the things that happen to us, nothing ‘good’ or ‘bad’ happens – things just happen. It is us who then attribute a ‘good’ or ‘bad’ value to those “Things that Happen.”
The ‘colossal-is-an-understatement’ power of our minds is something that many haven’t fully embraced. We are powerful beyond the wildest imagination. Our worlds are created by us, first in our minds, then becoming our outer worlds. So what we think, believe, & say we know, is what becomes our reality.
Therefore what we think, what we tell ourselves we believe & tell ourselves is ‘true’ becomes the most important choice one makes 😉
Choose Happy👦👧👲👵👷Smile 🙂
My podcast on Anchor: ‘The Lost Art of Thinking for Yourself’
‘I Like Q – & Here’s Why’
Shared via: “How people treat other people is a direct reflection of how they feel about themselves.” -Art of Quotation“How people treat others is a direct reflection of how they feel about themselves.” Paulo Coelho
The Sunshine Blogger Award is peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity & joy. The award is given to bloggers by other bloggers who are creative, positive, & inspiring.
1)Thank who nominated you 2)Share 10 things about you 3)Nominate who inspires you
Much Love & Gratitude to one of my favorite bloggers here, The Blooming Scribe. Thanks for the nod! Check out his blog, you won’t be disappointed! As is the tradition for this award, here are 11 random facts about me:
- I love peanuts! Cannot stand peanut butter!
- First concert, Honeymoon Suite, Toronto, at 13 #StayInTheLight
- I’ve skydived 6 times #SkydivingForLife
- Met/hung out w/ Antonio Sabato Jr, ’98, when working at Club Med Turks & Caicos
- In 1989, 4 of us saw NKOTB (New Kids on the Block) tix 10th row floor+room at their Four Season’s hotel (.. tbc in another blog ..)
- I was born with my right foot so twisted, they weren’t sure if I’d be able to walk
- As a toddler I wore special shoes with a metal bar attached underneath to guide my foot into growing a certain way (it worked cuz I can walk!)
- In grade school I wore a lift in my right shoe, I had a limp – 2″ diff/legs (Sigh.)
- I got teased & bullied relentlessly (Relentlessly.)
- At 10, had chunk of left tibia bone removed, I s/b 5’9/5’10 not 5’4 (dad is 6’0 & my bro is 6’2) They made me shorter! (It was that or a limp..)
If you could speak before thousands of people, what topic would you choose & why:
I’d talk about the importance of lifting people up. We must Empower, Inspire & Motivate. There’s way too much of the opposite, & the world is suffering. Everyone has a right to Life, to Freedom, To Peace. I take issue when someone stands in the way of this – especially when it’s for their own nefarious gains. This & similar peer given awards here on WordPress are in total sync with my message.
12) Name 2 people (living or dead) that have inspired you & why:
- Ben Bradlee: “The man who took on the White House”
- He was one of the few (last) authentic journalists with integrity
- He wasn’t interested in being liked – he was searching for the truth.
- Watch this great doc, his life & times at the Washington Post:
- The Newspaperman: Life & Times of Ben Bradlee (2017)Trailer0
- The Sunshine Makers: Tim Scully & Nick Sand, the unlikely duo at the heart of 1960s US drug counterculture; united in a utopian mission to save the planet through the consciousness-raising power of LSD; Orange Sunshine. What could go wrong?
- A noble mission, to raise the consciousness of the planet;
- Didn’t take long for the merchants of doubt to come out of the woodwork – as disinformation campaigns were launched & quickly began demonizing drugs – the same ones docs used to treat people
- The last thing gov’t wants is a planet full of people they can’t control!
- Awakened, enlightened beings, expanding our consciousness – can’t control us.
- Big reason why these tools have been made illegal in the first place.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers, who use their experiences, lessons learned & acquired wisdom to help others along their path. I chose blogs that really inspire me with their honest & loving desire, intent & action to Empower, Motivate & Inspire – but that I haven’t yet gotten to know very well. I’d like to 🙂
Much Love to you all & thank you for what you do. You are an Inspiration xo
Mr. Val Patterson’s life motto was, as he wrote in his own obituary:
“Anything for a laugh.”
At first, his obit starts off rather typically, listing what he enjoyed most in life. But the laugh comes in when he simply can’t keep the good guy act up anymore. As he went to his grave, he found the deep need to confess his life’s crimes. Patterson was a downright thief, on multiple counts. Only his ploys weren’t all about diamonds or rare paintings.
“As it turns out,” he writes, “I AM the guy who stole the safe from the Motor View Drive Inn back in June, 1971. I could have left that unsaid, but I wanted to get it off my chest. Also, I really am NOT a Ph.D.” In fact, Mr. Patterson never actually graduated college. A clerical error resulted in not only a college diploma, but also an unearned Ph.D.
He adds, “I never did learn what the letters ‘PhD’ even stood for.”
Thankfully, he didn’t receive a Ph.D for medicine, or a lot more people would have written their own obituaries by now, but he did work as a professional electrical engineer. Oh, & that’s not all. Just to spite a “mean park ranger,” the man rolled rocks on top of a geyser to ruin the ranger’s day.
Patterson also admits to being banned from both Disneyland & SeaWorld, but gives no reason why.
What a life!
Source: Most hilarious obituaries of all time on Grunge