The Sunshine Blogger Award is peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity & joy. The award is given to bloggers by other bloggers who are creative, positive, & inspiring.
1)Thank who nominated you 2)Share 10 things about you 3)Nominate who inspires you
Much Love & Gratitude to one of my favorite bloggers here, The Blooming Scribe. Thanks for the nod! Check out his blog, you won’t be disappointed! As is the tradition for this award, here are 11 random facts about me:
- I love peanuts! Cannot stand peanut butter!
- First concert, Honeymoon Suite, Toronto, at 13 #StayInTheLight
- I’ve skydived 6 times #SkydivingForLife
- Met/hung out w/ Antonio Sabato Jr, ’98, when working at Club Med Turks & Caicos
- In 1989, 4 of us saw NKOTB (New Kids on the Block) tix 10th row floor+room at their Four Season’s hotel (.. tbc in another blog ..)
- I was born with my right foot so twisted, they weren’t sure if I’d be able to walk
- As a toddler I wore special shoes with a metal bar attached underneath to guide my foot into growing a certain way (it worked cuz I can walk!)
- In grade school I wore a lift in my right shoe, I had a limp – 2″ diff/legs (Sigh.)
- I got teased & bullied relentlessly (Relentlessly.)
- At 10, had chunk of left tibia bone removed, I s/b 5’9/5’10 not 5’4 (dad is 6’0 & my bro is 6’2) They made me shorter! (It was that or a limp..)
If you could speak before thousands of people, what topic would you choose & why:
I’d talk about the importance of lifting people up. We must Empower, Inspire & Motivate. There’s way too much of the opposite, & the world is suffering. Everyone has a right to Life, to Freedom, To Peace. I take issue when someone stands in the way of this – especially when it’s for their own nefarious gains. This & similar peer given awards here on WordPress are in total sync with my message.
12) Name 2 people (living or dead) that have inspired you & why:
- Ben Bradlee: “The man who took on the White House”
- He was one of the few (last) authentic journalists with integrity
- He wasn’t interested in being liked – he was searching for the truth.
- Watch this great doc, his life & times at the Washington Post:
- The Newspaperman: Life & Times of Ben Bradlee (2017)Trailer0
- The Sunshine Makers: Tim Scully & Nick Sand, the unlikely duo at the heart of 1960s US drug counterculture; united in a utopian mission to save the planet through the consciousness-raising power of LSD; Orange Sunshine. What could go wrong?
- A noble mission, to raise the consciousness of the planet;
- Didn’t take long for the merchants of doubt to come out of the woodwork – as disinformation campaigns were launched & quickly began demonizing drugs – the same ones docs used to treat people
- The last thing gov’t wants is a planet full of people they can’t control!
- Awakened, enlightened beings, expanding our consciousness – can’t control us.
- Big reason why these tools have been made illegal in the first place.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers, who use their experiences, lessons learned & acquired wisdom to help others along their path. I chose blogs that really inspire me with their honest & loving desire, intent & action to Empower, Motivate & Inspire – but that I haven’t yet gotten to know very well. I’d like to 🙂
Much Love to you all & thank you for what you do. You are an Inspiration xo