A plan for every man
Who lives on earth
An invisible prison
Trapped since birth
The strings aren’t seen
By the naked eye
Struggle every day
Tryin’ to get by
Go to work
Pay the bills
Just enough for basics
Not enough for frills
Workin’ for decades
Need a chance to chill
A constant climb
Can’t stand still
A matter of will
Gotta dig outta this rut
Keep going no matter what.
So much Love to all of you xoxo I’ll be coming for a visit soon 😉
Takin’ my babblin’ to the airwaves .. or is it PodWaves? The first one is often awkward, according to many helpful blog posts .. as you’re essentially talkin’ to …. no one loll
When you’ve got a lot to say, podcasts feel like the natural next step 🙂 Looking forward to collaborating & chatting with other storytellers live!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity & joy. The award is given to bloggers by other bloggers who are creative, positive, & inspiring.
1)Thank who nominated you 2)Share 10 things about you 3)Nominate who inspires you
Much Love & Gratitude to one of my favorite bloggers here, The Blooming Scribe. Thanks for the nod! Check out his blog, you won’t be disappointed! As is the tradition for this award, here are 11 random facts about me:
- I love peanuts! Cannot stand peanut butter!
- First concert, Honeymoon Suite, Toronto, at 13 #StayInTheLight
- I’ve skydived 6 times #SkydivingForLife
- Met/hung out w/ Antonio Sabato Jr, ’98, when working at Club Med Turks & Caicos
- In 1989, 4 of us saw NKOTB (New Kids on the Block) tix 10th row floor+room at their Four Season’s hotel (.. tbc in another blog ..)
- I was born with my right foot so twisted, they weren’t sure if I’d be able to walk
- As a toddler I wore special shoes with a metal bar attached underneath to guide my foot into growing a certain way (it worked cuz I can walk!)
- In grade school I wore a lift in my right shoe, I had a limp – 2″ diff/legs (Sigh.)
- I got teased & bullied relentlessly (Relentlessly.)
- At 10, had chunk of left tibia bone removed, I s/b 5’9/5’10 not 5’4 (dad is 6’0 & my bro is 6’2) They made me shorter! (It was that or a limp..)
If you could speak before thousands of people, what topic would you choose & why:
I’d talk about the importance of lifting people up. We must Empower, Inspire & Motivate. There’s way too much of the opposite, & the world is suffering. Everyone has a right to Life, to Freedom, To Peace. I take issue when someone stands in the way of this – especially when it’s for their own nefarious gains. This & similar peer given awards here on WordPress are in total sync with my message.
12) Name 2 people (living or dead) that have inspired you & why:
- Ben Bradlee: “The man who took on the White House”
- He was one of the few (last) authentic journalists with integrity
- He wasn’t interested in being liked – he was searching for the truth.
- Watch this great doc, his life & times at the Washington Post:
- The Newspaperman: Life & Times of Ben Bradlee (2017)Trailer0
- The Sunshine Makers: Tim Scully & Nick Sand, the unlikely duo at the heart of 1960s US drug counterculture; united in a utopian mission to save the planet through the consciousness-raising power of LSD; Orange Sunshine. What could go wrong?
- A noble mission, to raise the consciousness of the planet;
- Didn’t take long for the merchants of doubt to come out of the woodwork – as disinformation campaigns were launched & quickly began demonizing drugs – the same ones docs used to treat people
- The last thing gov’t wants is a planet full of people they can’t control!
- Awakened, enlightened beings, expanding our consciousness – can’t control us.
- Big reason why these tools have been made illegal in the first place.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers, who use their experiences, lessons learned & acquired wisdom to help others along their path. I chose blogs that really inspire me with their honest & loving desire, intent & action to Empower, Motivate & Inspire – but that I haven’t yet gotten to know very well. I’d like to 🙂
Much Love to you all & thank you for what you do. You are an Inspiration xo
With stats like that, maybe it’s time to hang up my keyboard!?
Hmm maybe a break ..
or a vacation.
Yeahhh, I think it’s time to head to a beach🌴
“Do you know a blogger who writes regularly about art, photography, graphic design, or the online art business? If so tell them about our blog syndication program! We’re actively seeking talented bloggers to contribute article.” – FAA
So far I think it’s a great site – it’s the first one I chose to start uploading my art (& hopefully selling it.) And since that’s my plan more exposure is exactly what I need 🤓
Sounds great – 5 million visitors per month is a great incentive to participate, free of charge, no strings; & therefore a ‘silly to miss’ opportunity for more exposure for us & WP.
A mutually beneficial partnership, as our art/photography blogs will pad their website & newsletter, while driving traffic back to our blogs.
I love a Win-Win✔
He told her he loved her
in every way
But she did not listen
and went far away.
They were meant for each other
and he would get her back
And within a few days
he was on the right track.
He found many clues
as to where she had been
But continued his search
despite his chagrin.
When he finally found the place
where she’d been staying
He dropped to his knees
and began praying.
For there lay her body
before him on the ground.
And all around it
was much blood to be found.
When he rose & he turned
there stood a man
Holding a knife
in his right hand.
Nothing like this
did he ever expect
As this strange man came forward
and told him, “You’re next.”
Wondering where this came from, at just 15 yrs old .. when did I get so .. morbid? All I can think of is I started reading a lot of Stephen King in my teenage years – the first being the short story “The Mist.” Mayhaps ..
Life is so much sweeter when you do;
It’s a look that looks really, really good on you.
When you’re smiling –
Hard not to be
Then you’ll realize
That all along
You never needed a reason.
It’s a look in style at every season!
So come what may –
or what may not;
When you never expect –
you’re never without.
Don’t let a frown drown you down
You are the master of your domain
& from suffering you refrain.
When you break free from those chains,
You’ll see –
Nothing’s ever quite the same.