Brian Greene is one of my favorite humans on this planet; a theoretical physicist, mathematician, & string theorist, he has been a professor of physics & mathematics at Columbia University since 1996. He is also the chairman of the World Science Festival since co-founding it in 2008. Allow your mind to be blown by my favorite series:
‘The Fabric of the Cosmos.’
“Interweaving provocative theories, experiments, & stories with crystal-clear explanations & imaginative metaphors like those that defined the groundbreaking & highly acclaimed series The Elegant Universe, ‘The Fabric of the Cosmos’ aims to be the most compelling, visual, & comprehensive picture of modern physics ever seen on television.”
Here is part 1 (parts 2,3, & 4 will follow) Enjoy!
Fabric of the Cosmos
‘With each step in this series, audiences discover that just beneath the surface of our everyday experience lies a world we’d hardly recognize – a startling world far stranger & more wondrous than anyone expected.’
The reviews are in & they’re unanimous!
- ‘Greene is as elegant as ever, cutting through the fog of complexity with insight & clarity. Space & time become putty in his hands.’ –LA Times
- ‘Highly informed, lucid & witty. There is no better introduction to the strange wonders of general relativity & quantum mechanics, fields of knowledge essential for a real understanding of space & time.’ –Discover
- ‘The author’s informed curiosity is inspiring & his enthusiasm infectious.’ –KC Star
- ‘Mind-bending. [Greene] is both a gifted theoretical physicist & a graceful popularizer [with] virtuoso explanatory skills.’ – The Oregonian
- ‘Brian Greene is the new Hawking, only better.’– The Times (London)