As soon as I saw this month’s Photo Challenge, ‘Sweet’, this song started playing in my head: James Taylor’s ‘How Sweet It Is.’ I was finishing up a blog, My Cosmic Lifesaver, where I was expressing my love for the Universe. How all the epiphanies & synchronicities since starting this spiritual journey have shown me life is an exquisite symphony of majestic elegance. Except ooops – I thought it was the ‘Discover Challenge’ & prepared this post accordingly. Oh well, I like it. It’s definitely sweet!
- Is the Universe better for me than I was for myself? YUP
- Is there anyone better than the Universe? SURELY YOU JEST!
- Did I stop & thank the Universe? OH YEAH. SEVERAL TIMES.
- Is it sweet to be loved by the Universe? AND THEN SOME.
- Did I need the shelter of the Universe’s arms? YUP
- Was the Universe there? YUP
- Did the Universe understand my ups & downs? THE ONLY ONE THAT COULD.
- Did the Universe show up? IT ALWAYS DOES.
- Did the Universe show sweet love, devotion? YUP
- Did the Universe deeply touch my emotion? YOU BETCHA. (*that meditation)
- Have I wondered where I’d be without the Universe (not awake)? YUP
- Was everything I did before the Universe a bore? IT WAS AWFUL (pre-awakening)
- Did everywhere I went seem the same before the Universe? STAGNANT
- Does the Universe brighten up my days? ONLY THE ONES THAT END WITH Y.
- Is the Universe’s love sweet in many ways? THE SWEETEST.
- Eternally grateful to & for the Universe? 8 DAYS A WEEK & TWICE ON SUNDAY
You were better for me than I was for myself,
For me, there’s you & there ain’t nobody else,
I want to stop & thank you baby. I just want to stop & thank you baby, yes I do,
How sweet it is to be loved by you. How sweet it is to be loved by you.
I needed the shelter of someone’s arms & there you were.
I needed someone to understand my ups & downs & there you were.
With sweet love & devotion, deeply touching my emotion,
I want to stop & thank you baby. I want to stop & thank you baby.
I close my eyes at night wondering where would I be without you in my life.
Everything I did was just a bore, everywhere I went it seems I’d been there before.
But you brighten up for me all of my days with a love so sweet in so many ways,
I want to stop & thank you baby, I just want to stop & thank you baby.